Monuments | Military Sites | Museum Exhibits | Civic and Civilian Sites | Soldier and Veteran Plots

Confederate Memorial

1924

Bayview Park, Jose Marti Drive between Truman Blvd. and Virginia Street.

 

This Confederate memorial was erected in 1924 by the Stephen R. Mallory Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy.  The monument is dedicated "To the Solciers and Sailors of the Confederacy."   It was dedicated on Januiary 19, 1924.

Key West was occupied by the United States throughout the Civil War along with Fort Jefferson in the Dry Tortugas and Fort Pickens in Pensacola.

 



  • 1