Monuments | Military Sites | Museum Exhibits | Civic and Civilian Sites | Soldier and Veteran Plots

Palatka

1924

Our Confederate Heroes

Putnam County Courthouse grounds

This monument was erected in 1924 by the Patton Anderson Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy, with the assistance of others.  It consists of a statue of a private Confederate soldier executed in bronze which sits atop a solid granite base.  The base is in excellent shape, but the soldier statue is showing its age and could use some attention from a trained conservator. 

The monument sits in the middle of a sidewalk leading to the front stairs of the courthouse and is thus very prominently placed.  At the corners of the base are two conical, one spherical, and one concrete faux spherical artillery projectiles.  These may or may not be original to the monument.



  • 1